Experienced Vancouver Lawyer
Mitch Foster has been practicing law in Vancouver for over 25 years. He is regularly in court and has successfully litigated thousands of cases. He represents clients in all types of litigation matters. He defends people facing all types of criminal charges and driving offences throughout British Columbia and Western Canada.
Mr. Foster has successfully represented clients at all levels of court, including in the Supreme Court of Canada. His practice includes appearing in the British Columbia Provincial Court, British Columbia Supreme Court, British Columbia Court of Appeal, Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench, Alberta Provincial Court, Saskatchewan Provincial Court, Manitoba Court of Queen’s Bench and the Yukon Territorial Court.
Mitch Foster has successfully defended thousands of clients charged with impaired driving related offences, as well as all other criminal offences including major drug conspiracies, marijuana grow operations, murder, sexual offences, theft, and major fraud offences.
In addition to his work as a defence lawyer, Mr. Foster has been retained by Crown Counsel to conduct prosecutions in murder, sexual assault, and impaired driving cases.
Mr. Foster is active within the legal community and is a member of the following organizations:
- Canadian Bar Association
- Past Chair of the Canadian Bar Association – Vancouver Criminal Subsection
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- American Organization of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Mr. Foster has also lectured and instructed for the following organizations:
- Trial Lawyers Association – Criminal Law Conference,
- Canadian Bar Association – Impaired Driving Conference,
- British Columbia Professional Legal Training Course,
- University of British Columbia – Peter Burns Moot Competition
- R.C.M.P. Regional Training Centre – Chilliwack, B.C.